- 03-May-2013 to 15-Jun-2013 (CST)
- Huntsville, AL, USA
- Full Time
HudsonAlpha offers a competititve benefits package.
The HudsonAlpha Genomic Services Lab is seeking a new team member to join our sequencing production lab. Applicants must have a degree in biology, biotechnology, biomedical engineering or a related science and relevant molecular biology experience. This opening is for a position in Sequencing Operations. Individuals will be responsible for carrying out sequencing-associated bench protocols as well as operating, maintaining, and troubleshooting Sequencing instrumentation. They will also assist in process optimization as well as of development and documentation of standard operating protocols and procedures.
1. Past experience working in a molecular biology laboratory
2. Highly versatile and adaptive
3. Comfort working in a highly dynamic, production-based laboratory
4. Highly motivated and able to work very reliably and autonomously
5. Detail oriented with effective troubleshooting skills
6. The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
7. The ability to manage and complete multiple, complex tasks quickly and effectively
8. Very strong written and verbal communications skills
9. The ability to keep detailed and accurate records
10. Strong organizational skills
11. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
12. Able to work some nights and weekends on a rotating schedule
Additional Qualifications Desired
While not required, the following qualifications would be helpful
A. Experience with DNA sequencing using Illumina technology, especially HiSeqs
B. Familiarity with sequencing analysis methods and software
C. Some experience with bioinformatics
D. Familiarity with automated liquid handlers, such as Beckman's Biomek FXp or Caliper Sciclone
E. Familiarity with Visual Basic
The Genomic Services Laboratory is a comprehensive genomics research facility supporting the research needs of all HudsonAlpha projects as well as projects from collaborators from around the world. This position is a full-time, salaried position. HudsonAlpha offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package commensurate with experience.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!