- 14-Feb-2017 to 14-Apr-2017 (CST)
- Huntsville, AL, USA
- Full Time
- Kailos Genetics
Kailos Genetics is advancing genetic testing through a combination of scientific and technology innovations and leading-edge professional products and services for clinicians and researchers. Founded in 2010 and based in Huntsville's HudsonAlpha Institute for Biotechnology, Kailos Genetics has a diversified business model built upon proven, proprietary testing technology that provides affordable and medically relevant genetic testing.
This Research Scientist II position focus is on development of targeted sequencing technologies for application in a variety of disease areas. The activities of the Research Scientist II include experimental design to accomplish development aims and preparation of samples for next-generation sequencing along with interpretation of resulting sequence analysis.
JOB SPECIFIC TASKS
- Research protocols as determined by the Chief Scientific Officer.
- Follows procedures as outlined, ensuring the consistency of research practices and, ultimately, helping ensure the consistency and integrity of project outcomes.
- Critical thinking in cases where procedures are not producing as expected.
- Understanding of laboratory procedure and safety.
- Perform DNA and RNA extraction
- Support data analysis with a next generation sequencing
- Orders supplies and equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS EDUCATION AND REQUIRED SKILLS EXPERIENCE
Education and Experience:
- Masters Degree from accredited institution in life sciences, biostatistics, or related field.
PhD degree is preferred.
- Extensive laboratory and research experience that introduces or enhances a unique
- A track record of high quality research work as evidenced by manuscripts published in
- Experience advising on research methodology and analysis, as well as ability to interpret laboratory results and provide conclusions
- Demonstrated ability to advance projects, managing multiple tasks and priorities
- Proficiency with laboratory software, tools and equipment
- Ability to understand protocols, clarify as needed, and perform protocols with consistency, as demonstrated through previous laboratory experience
- Ability to communicate results both in writing and orally